The “Prissy Kombat Face” Spotify Playlist (I Hate Radio)
The Prissy Kombat Face Spotify Playlist
Every Tuesday (or Monday night) I put out a new curated playlist for your listening enjoyment. You can "Just Hit Play" or check out the song list below for Easter Eggs about the bands.
Last week's playlist was my Fantastic Dust Monkey playlist.
And, as always, Explore, Enjoy, and Share Music!
1. Chariot, Beach House, B-Sides and Rarities (Sub Pop, 2017)
Beach House is one of my favorite bands and Depression Cherry is one of my favorite albums. Apparently, Chariot is one of the songs that didn't make the cut on either Depression Cherry or Thank Your Lucky Stars but that is kind of surprising because this is a pretty great song.
2. Ordinary Day, The Districts, Popular Manipulations (Fat Possum Records, 2017)
Another new band to me, this is a really good song. I am looking forward to hearing more, they are apparently working with St. Vincent's producer John Congleton.
3. Bus Ticket, Cayetana, New Kind Of Normal (Plum Records, 2017)
Love, love, love this band. What a great song here, I have listened to it like 20 times and it is still totally hooking me every time.
4. Car Accident Face, Useless Eaters, Temporary Mutilations EP (Slovenly Recordings, 2016)
Some good, in your face snarl by Useless Eaters here. I haven't done much punk stuff lately, so I am going back to my roots on this playlist.
5. A Wall, Downtown Boys, Cost Of Living (Sub Pop, 2017)
Very excited for the new album from Boston's Downtown Boys. This is not as furious as the other stuff they have released off of the forthcoming new album, but still a really great song (plus it makes fun of 45 which is always okay with me).
6. Love Is Short, Otoboke Beaver, Love Is Short EP (2017)
This is the second time I have featured Otoboke Beaver and I hope everyone checks them out (they = great).
7. Rhymin Slang, JJ Doom, Bookhead EP (Lex Records, 2017 re-release)
I was so excited to see that this add-on content from 2012's Key To The Kuffs was being re-released on Vinyl. You can also get it on Spotify (obviously). I am pretty much all in on anything Doom.
8. Immortal Kombat, Eat Fast, Immortal Kombat EP (Cannibal Hymns, 2017)
Some great grungy-fuzzy fun here plus I was addicted to Mortal Kombat when I was younger. Hard to argue with feedback and power chords.
9. Prissy Things, Institute, Subordination (Saced Bones, 2017)
More great old-school style punk from Institute. Love when bands are grounded in roots punk. Institute is from Austin Texas. I love Austin Texas.
10. Shark Smile, Big Thief, Capacity (Saddle Creek, 2017)
I cannot fully explain how much I love this song and this band. What a beautiful song...Well, if it is possible for a song about a car crash where someone dies to be beautiful :(. I just love Adrianne Lenker's voice (her voice sounds like quiet echoes from a haunted canyon to me).
11. Somebody, Dream Wife, Single (2017)
I wrote a book about sex addiction and I am very active in the recovery community. One of the things I often explain to people is that one of the keys to breaking the habit of objectifying people is to see them as people not as bodies. This song could not be any more important IMHO.
12. 21 Woman, H. Grimace, Self-Architect (Rough Trade, 2017)
Can't leave post-punk out of the list entirely for goodness sakes. I like this UK outfits album a great deal and this song stood out to me.
13. Rock the Kasbah, The Clash, Combat Rock (Epic/Sony, 1982)
My spirit animal is Joe Strummer and my blog is named after a Clash lyric. So, anyway, it should never be a surprise when Clash music makes it on my lists.
I work hard on these things, I hope you enjoy them. If you like a playlist and want to talk music, say hello here or on Twitter (@OnPirateSat).