The "Sweet Whiteout Moon" Spotify Playlist (I Hate Radio)
The "Sweet Whiteout Moon" Spotify Playlist
Every Tuesday (or Monday night) I put out a new curated playlist for your listening enjoyment. You can "Just Hit Play" or check out the song list below for Easter Eggs about the bands.
"I Hate Radio" is the name of the podcast I am about to start and it is a play on "I Heart Radio" in opposition to music consolidation.
Last week's playlist was my "Clown Kick Grave" playlist, you can listen to it HERE.
The Songs (Click on the Hyperlinks to Learn More About the Artists)
1. Home, Cormega (feat. Black Rob), Mega Philosophy (Slimstyle Records, 2014)
Glad to work some Cormega into the mix. Long time coming.
I think this might be the first appearance of Raekwon "The Chef" as well (maybe I included him with the Wu-Tang Clan). Why? My own stupidity most likely.
3. HUMBLE., Kendrick Lamar, DAMN. (Top Dawg Entertainment, 2017)
Hmm, did you think I wouldn't find a place for the King? Welcome back KL.
4. Six Pack, Black Flag, Damaged (SST Records, 1981)
Continuing to make my argument that punk and hip-hop are in the same family. This is from Henry Rollins first album as the singer for BF.
5. The More The Merrier, Bad Breeding, Divide (Iron Lung Records, 2017)
This might be my favorite song on the playlist. Great primal screamer!
6. Trash, Show Me The Body, Corpus I (Corpus Records, 2017)
Good angry stuff from this band from Queens.
7. Whiteout Conditions, The New Pornographers, Whiteout Conditions (Dine Alone Records, 2017)
Who knew a supergroup built around an offhand comment by a televangelist would still be around all of these many years later. , for one, am glad they are still around!
8. Time On Her Side, Future Islands, The Far Field (4AD, 2017)
What a great new album from these stalwarts. Highly recommended.
9. When We All Hold Hands at the End of the World, Guided by Voices, August by Cake (Rockathon, 2017)
This is Robert Pollard's 100th album and it is GBV's first "double album." That is so Robert Pollard that I can barely stand it (I don't know how he keeps doing it, but it is a really decent album too).
10. Strawberry Moon, Cold Beat, Chaos by Invitation (Crime on the Moon, 2017)
I really love Hannah Lew's take on post-punk. This is like the sixth or seventh Cold Beat song on my playlists.
11. Sweet, Little Dragon, Season High (Loma Vista, 2017)
Had to include some new Swedish music (because I love Sweden's music scene almost as much as I love Australia's music scene).
12. Kick the Habit, Leggy, Leggy (Damnably Records, 2016)
Found this kind of randomly, I think that they are from Ohio (which is kind of next door to me..hmmm).
13. Head Over Heels, The Go Go's, Return to the Valley of the Go Go's (I.R.S. Records, 1994)
What can I say, I still love the Go Go's.
Wrapping It Up
Okay, well glad I got this done, leaving for a vacation for about 5 days. Enjoy!