The “Killer Fish Guy” Spotify Playlist (I Hate Radio)
The “Killer Fish Guy” Spotify Playlist
Every Tuesday (or Monday night) I put out a new curated playlist for your listening enjoyment. You can "Just Hit Play" or check out the song list below for Easter Eggs about the bands.
Last week's playlist was my "5am Photobooth" playlist, you can listen to it HERE.
And, as always, Explore, Enjoy, and Share Music!
1. Killer Diller Blues, Alabama Shakes, Music From The American Epic Sessions (PBS, 2017)
How cool is this cover by Alabama Shakes, I guess they recorded it on one of the first recording machines. It sounds so authentic and amazing. Brittany Howard is greatness! It is also very cool that Detroit's own Jack White (now of Nashville) did this series.
2. Self M.Ade, Young M.A., Herstory (Unsigned, 2017)
Speaking of greatness, pretty impressed with Young M.A., not only is she flipping 100's of scripts being an LGBTQ hard-core MC and in terms of lyrical content but she is also really good on the MIC.
3. Big Fish, Vince Staples, Big Fish Theory (Def Jam Records, 2017)
I just can't quit Vince, he is great at trolling people, great at hip-hop, and even made fun of me once. The new album is going to be epic (Vince, you are still wrong about 90's hip-hop).
4. Antiklimax, Matriarkatet, Antiklimax (2017)
This is right up my alley, great new punk music. Reminds me of La Misma (who are awesome) except that La Misma sings in Portuguese and I think Matriarkatet sing in Swedish (could be wrong).
5. The Haze, Dolores Haze, Accidental EP (2015)
If you know my love for Mr. Robot, you know why I had to include this band. I am virtually certain Nabokov will be an element in Season 3 (coming in October). Oh, this is more great rock from Sweden.
6. Old Guy, Wimps, Suitcase (Kill Rock Stars, 2015)
I love Wimps, so cool, so fun, you so should listen to Suitcase.
7. We Know So, Dasher, Single (Jagjaguwar, 2017)
Very cool song, another band I am going to have to get to know (the list is always growing).
8. Fall, Den-Mate, Single (2017)
Ummm, another band with a cool song that I really need to get to know better.
9. No Curse, Waxahatchee, Out In The Storm (Merge, 2017)
My love for the music of the Crutchfield sisters lives on. Can't wait for the new Waxahatchee album to drop.
10. The Vanity of Trying, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, The Tourist (No Label, 2017)
Well, I kind of stopped listening to this band many years ago (because I loved their first album and mostly disliked their second album). This, however, sounds really great.
11. Yawn Porn, The Baby Seals, The Baby Seals EP (Trapped Animal Records, 2017)
Love this band. Baby Seals have no fear and will literally say anything on vinyl. The whole album is a jaw dropper in the best possible way.
12. It Gets More Blue, Girlpool, Powerplant (Anti-, 2017)
Been down with Girlpool since almost the beginning (go back and look) - I don't LOVE the new album like I LOVED "Before the World Was Big" but I like it a great deal (it might be a grower).
13. The Ghost In You, The Psychedelic Furs, Mirror Moves (1984)
One of the most romantic songs I have ever heard. I love the idea of being able to see the person deep inside no matter what time and events do to them. I love the allusion to no matter what the paper says, seeing his beloved was the "news of the day." Great song by Richard Butler and the guys.
Still pretty angry over hearing that our current President (no doubt with the help of the GOP House) is planning to roll back Medicaid and defund food stamps. But, music goes on.